The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.
Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.
End of dialog window.
Current Time 0:00
captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
captions off, selected
Reverse 15 SecondsForward 30 SecondsFull Screen
Length: 1h 1min Published: 8/23/2018
There are a number of ways in which financial abuse occurs in elder abuse cases. Many of these involve financial documents that have been fraudulently altered. This presentation looks at real case examples of alterations that have been made, giving elder law attorneys the tools they need to evaluate possible fraud when confronted with such a case. Methods of fraud explored include:
- Attempts to withdraw funds from bank accounts
- Change of beneficiary
- Attempts to transfer stock in a corporation
- Fraudulent wills
- Attempts to take real estate
* Explore the various types of fraud that can occur in elder abuse cases
* Get the tools you need to evaluate possible fraud
* Learn about specific case examples that have occurred in various types of documents