New LexVid members can watch their 1st course for free. No credit card needed, just create an account and you'll receive your certificate immediately after watching your free course.
In this program, sports lawyer and former professional umpire, Brandon Leopoldus, will unravel the many complexities surrounding this area of the law, drawing on the NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB as examples. Topics covered include:
- Organization of sports leagues under 501(c)(6)
- Collective bargaining issues
- Interplay between leagues and franchises
- Antitrust issues & cases
- Licensing and merchandising issues
- Exclusive sponsorships
- Operation of the game
- Trend of league legal status away from nonprofit
- Takeaways for the sports lawyer
10833 Wilshire Boulevard #510, Los Angeles, CA 90024
"Excellent presentation as an introduction to the sports content field of law."
- Hours Don't Expire
- Access the Entire Library
- 90 Day Money Back